The Empire District Gas Company
While prescriptive rebates have a set rebate amount and efficiency requirements for specific gas equipment, a custom rebate is tailored to specific projects that do not qualify for prescriptive rebates. By taking advantage of the Custom Rebate Program, you may be able to reduce monthly energy costs and shorten the payback period of your new equipment. Examples of qualifying equipment include:
Large Commercial Custom Rebate Program
All projects will be individually reviewed. Project preapproval is required so please wait for a rebate commitment from The Empire District Gas Company before purchasing or installing the energy efficiency upgrade. Rebates are based on a portion of the cost difference between standard product and high efficiency products and practices and are calculated as the smallest of,
- Boilers that are not eligible for a prescriptive rebate
- Commercial water heating equipment
- Infrared radiant space heating equipment
- Building envelope improvements
- Ventilation energy recovery equipment
- Industrial process heat recovery
- Other approved measures
To apply for a Custom rebate, download and fill out an application form.
- A buydown to a two year payback, or
- $5.50 per MCF saved during the first year, or
- Annual customer rebate cap.
You will need to provide project specific information, such as equipment type, size, efficiency and cost. The program administrator may contact you for further information.
Measures that do not qualify may include,
- Substituting other energy sources for natural gas (fuel switching)
- Taking equipment out of service without replacement
- Used equipment
Terms and Conditions
- Participant must be a commercial or industrial customer of The Empire District Gas Company served under the Large Volume Firm or Large Volume Transportation rates.
- The program year begins April 1 and ends March 31 of the following year.
- Projects must be preapproved by The Empire District Gas Company before procurement or installation takes place.
- No customer, including those with multiple facilities or buildings, may receive more than $3,000 in incentives for any program year.
- Subject to regulatory rules and orders, The Empire District Gas Company reserves the right to change any portion of this program or to end this program without notice.
- Where applicable, energy efficiency ratings must comply with those listed in the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) Directory.
- All custom projects will be individually reviewed. Rebates are based on a portion of the cost difference between standard and high efficiency products and practices. The amount of the rebate will also depend on the following criteria:
- Annual energy use reduction
- Annual energy cost savings
- Project must pass the Empire District Gas cost-effectiveness test. Eligible measures must not have a payback based on incremental cost of less than two years or a Societal Benefit/Cost Ratio of less than 1.0.
- A final, itemized invoice for all materials and labor related to the installation must be submitted upon completion of the project.
|Custom Rebate Applications and Guidelines