The Empire District Gas Company
The energy audit incentive will only be provided to a customer that qualifies for a rebate under the prescriptive or custom rebate program. The incentive offer will be 50% of the cost of the audit with a maximum which is structured as follows:
There will be a limit of three buildings per customer per year for audit incentives. Audits must be performed by qualified professionals (defined as having a CEM, being a Professional Engineer, or having equivalent experience). Audit reports must cover multiple aspects of energy use including:
- $275 per building under 25,000 sq. ft.
- $375 for buildings over 25,000 sq. ft.
The energy audit will include an overview of your business's annual energy consumption and a walk through to evaluate the performance of your existing facility. This audit will encourage your business to reduce energy use by 10%. It includes an on-site inspection of your facility to identify specific issues and needs. You will be provided with:
- HVAC System Controls
- HVAC System Efficiency and Operation
- Building Envelope
- Commercial Cooking (where applicable)
To apply for the audit rebate, please submit a copy of the audit with your application to the prescriptive or custom rebate program.
- A description of the facility, including:
- Brief description of what type of activity occurs in the facility.
- Square footage.
- Year built.
- Building envelope and insulation.
- HVAC system, domestic hot water, commercial cooking & age.
- A summary of your business' annual gas consumption by month.
- Operation and maintenance recommendations.
- A brief overview of equipment replacement and projected annual energy savings.
- Identify applicable Empire District Gas Rebates